‘Colors’ is among the top 3 GECs of India. Shows like Balika Vadhu, Sasural Simar Ka and Swaragini enjoy high TRPs to keep this Viacom18 flagship brand burning bright. ‘Colors’ has multi-genre offerings for audiences of all age groups. The channel has kept true to its words and keeps on adding programs which dare to highlight social evils and attempts to change the public mindset with its entertaining content. But where on one side it focuses on the social evils with programs like Udaan and Ishq Ka Rang Safed, on the other, it also airs full on entertainment shows like Jhalak Dikhla Jaa, Bigg Boss, Meri Aashiqui Tumse Hi, Comedy Nights, etc.
As ‘Colors’ is a very popular TV channel its ad spots are always in demand. This obviously increases the price of these ad spots making them aspirational for small and medium budget advertisers. releaseMyAd understands these equations and has brought for its clients an opportunity to book ads in ‘Colors’ at the lowest possible rates.
But before you embark on TV advertising with Colors, we think you must know about these 5 essential things.
- Prime Time VS Repeat Time: Like all TV channels, Colors also repeats all its shows. The prime time of the channel is in the evening when original content is aired. Currently, the channel begins broadcast of original/new content at 6.30pm in the evening and continues till 11.30pm every day. The ad rates for these original programs are justly higher than the repeat shows.
For example, if you plan to advertise in Sasural Simar Ka at 7.30pm you have to dole out more when compared to the repeat telecast in the afternoon. But that doesn’t mean advertising in repeat slots will garner you lesser response. As you advertise for lesser amounts on the particular serial, you can repeat your ads more. In the long run, this may be very useful.
- Time Slots within Prime Time: The Prime Time slot of ‘Colors’ is quite long and consists of 5 hours of programming. Very few people spent this long with the TV. Thus, segmenting viewers according to their chosen serial or time slot preference can easily help you to reach your target audiences.
Take, for example, Ishq ka Rang Safed. It is the story of young love so obviously, youngsters will prefer to watch it when compared to Balika Vadhu in which the story has entered the responsibilities of motherhood and family. Again, Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat is popular with people who enjoy the grandiose of royals.
- Weekend Shows: Colors has a variety of weekend shows that include supernatural thrillers like Naagin, comedy shows like “Comedy Nights with Kapil” and “Comedy Nights Bachao”, and reality shows like “Jhalak Dikhla Ja” or “India’s Got Talent” etc. Since these are telecasted on weekends when people are free to enjoy their time, these weekend shows garner more viewers.
Advertising specifically in these shows is sure to get the attention of those professionals and busy-bees who get time to watch TV only on weekends.
- Reality Shows VS Regular Dramas: Television dramas attract people more interested in fictional characters they can identify with. Whereas reality show is for those who prefer to sneak a peek into raw human emotions. There is no dearth of audiences for either, but the audiences are not the same for both. Thus, it becomes imperative to segment your audiences before you embark on your journey of advertisement with Colors.
- High TRP Shows: Some shows are more popular with the audiences than others because they are able to strike a chord with their viewers. Also, TRPs keep on fluctuating. As an advertiser, you need to know which shows are high on TRPs as they will finally get more fans for their show and your ads.
Hopefully, these points help you, while you decide to advertise on Colors.
Or you can contact releaseMyAd executives at 09830688443 for our expert guidance. You can also write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further queries.