Launched way back on the second day of October in 1957, All India Radio’s Vividh Bharati was, and continues to be one of the biggest triumphs for the Indian Radio Industry.This network enjoys listenership across 40 cities in India, and is also available in an additional number of towns and villages. Vividh Bharati is an entertainment network, dedicating 15-17 hours per day to music, skits, radio plays and interactive talk shows. Similar to other AIR networks, the network in question does not operate over a single frequency all over India, which also gives them the chance to provide location-specific content to their listeners.
Vividh Bharati’s most popular shows, ‘Sargam ke Sitare’, ‘Sangeet Sarita’, ‘Inse Miliye’ and ‘Aaj ke Mehman’ attract listeners from all across the country. In fact, since the digitalization of this station in 2008, listeners from across the borders of India, who get access through short-wave networking, have become fans of Vividh Bharati. There are a variety of reasons why this network is an excellent advertising medium. Here are a few:
- Vividh Bharati’s content reaches 97% of the population of India.
- You can advertise all over India in over 37 major cities and a number of towns and villages
- They produce region-based content, which makes them all the more popular, and makes them a better advertising platform, as people from diverse regional backgrounds listen to their shows
- Music knows no age barriers, and listeners come from all age groups
- AIR’s strong FM signals carry transmissions so that reception is clear and crisp, even for listeners across our border.
Time Categories based on Listenership Ratings
It is a norm in radio advertising to divide the day into a number of categories based on listenership. On Vividh Bharati, the divisions are as follows:
|Prime Time|| 6:30 – 10:00 am
7:00 – 11:00 pm
|Mid Prime Time||6:00 – 6:30 am
10:00 am – 12:00 pm
1:30 – 2:30 pm
11:00 – 11:30 pm
|Non Prime Time||12:00 – 1:30 pm
2:30 – 7:00 pm
Based on these time categories, the advertising rates differ. If you choose to book your advertisement in Prime Time, it will be costlier, but you will also successfully reach a larger audience, as more people tune in at that point; similarly, mid-prime time and non-prime time ads will cost you less, but you will also reach a lesser number of people.
Advertising Rates on Vividh Bharati
As there are a vast number of locations that Vividh Bharati operates on, the advertising rates also waver based on location. Here are the rates for booking 10s of air time on this network:
|Station||Prime Time||Mid Prime Time||Non Prime Time|
|Kolkata, Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore||Rs. 500||Rs. 440||Rs. 330|
|Kanpur, Allahabad, Lucknow||Rs. 390||Rs. 330||Rs. 280|
|Jodhpur, Panaji, Srinagar||Rs. 280||Rs. 220||Rs. 170|
There are a number of different ways to advertise on Vividh Bharati. Since it is basically an entertainment-based network, they have shorter programs, which are higher in density, thus providing you with more advertising opportunities. Some of the most prominent opportunities to advertise here are:
- Spot Buys, extendable to up to 60seconds.
- Sponsorship of programs of duration 15,10 and 5 minutes, for which FCT would be 60,40 and 20 seconds respectively
- Customized Sponsorship Programs, wherein the entire duration can be utilized to advertise for your brand. These programs cannot exceed 15 minutes in length.
- Sponsorship of in-house programs
- Sponsorship of local programs
- Sponsored Songs
Booking Process and Other Services
The process of booking your ads on this network is rather simple. releaseMyAd, registered advertising partners of AIR, is a radio ad agency that allows you to book your ads on Vividh Bharati over the internet.
You can also acquire visual creatives and design your ad campaign via releaseMyAd. The booking process can be encapsulated as such:
- Select your Location
- To view rates, submit your business details
- You can customize the parameters of Ad Frequency, Ad Duration and Time Category
- Select your Ad Tenure from a choice of 7, 15 and 30 days. You can also choose to advertise over a period of 60 days.
- Select Dates of your ad campaign
- Review your booking details and make any changes that you feel necessary
- Clear payment
Your ad campaign is now ready to go LIVE!
If you face any difficulties, you can call us on 09830688443, or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.