Kolkata, the city of joy, is a highly popular metropolitan city in India and the fast-moving pace of the city life demands the citizens to remain constantly informed and updated. Consequently, newspaper reading is an extremely popular habit among the residents of Kolkata. This is reason enough why there is a huge market for newspaper advertising in Kolkata – as the newspapers enjoy high readership in the city and therefore there is a greater possibility of advertisements generating favourable responses from the target audiences, being ardent readers of these newspapers.
The most popular newspapers in Kolkata are primarily published in the languages of English and Hindi, and appeal to the masses in general. However, a large number of local residents in Kolkata still prefer reading newspapers in Bengali language, which is the regional language for the city.
The most popular newspapers enjoying mass readership in Kolkata are enlisted as follows :
- Anandabazar Patrika – Bengali Daily
- Bartaman – Bengali Daily
- The Telegraph – English Daily
- The Times of India – English Daily
- Ei Samay – Bengali Daily
- Sangbad Pratidin – Bengali Daily
- Aajkaal – Bengali Daily
- Sanmarg – Hindi Daily
- Dainik Vishwamitra – Hindi Daily
- The Statesman – English Daily
- Ekdin – Bengali Daily
- Dainik Jugasankha – Bengali Daily
- Prabhat Khabar – Hindi Daily
- Jansatta – Hindi Daily
- The Economic Times – English Financial Daily
- Dainik Jagran – Hindi Daily
- Puber Kalom – Bengali Daily
- Dainik Statesman – Bengali Daily
- Business Standard – English Financial Daily
- Business Line – English Financial Daily
- The Hindu – English Daily
- Rajasthan Patrika – Hindi Daily
- Samaja – Oriya Daily
- Hindustan Times – English Daily
- The Indian Express – English Daily
- Uttarbanga Sambad – Bengali Daily
- The Asian Age – English Daily
- Akhbar E Mashriq – Urdu Daily
Newspaper advertising in Kolkata involves making a choice – a choice to opt for the traditional method of placing advertisements directly with various publications or going for the modernised online process of booking advertisements through INS accredited advertising agencies.
Based in Kolkata itself, ReleaseMyAd is a leading online advertising agency which serves as a marketplace for advertisers to purchase ad space as per their advertising requirements and preferences. Accredited by INS, the agency is capable of procuring advertising rates directly from the various publication houses and providing the cheapest possible ad rates to their clients, for no extra cost or commission.
The three basic formats in which advertisements can be published in the newspapers of Kolkata are :
- Classified Text – simple running text advertisements charged on the basis of words or lines or characters used in the advertisement matter and are the cheapest newspaper advertisements. Such advertisements can be further enhanced using options like bold, underline, tick, colour and screen borders, for the advertisement to stand out in the clutter of similar or competing classified text advertisements.
- Classified Display – charged on the basis of the space occupied on the newspaper issue, generally computed on a per square centimeter basis. These are more prominent than classified text advertisements as they combine text with pictures and therefore, cost higher. Such ads are not limited to words or lines or characters and can be published as a single column or double column advertisement.
Display – the most visually appealing and expensive format of newspaper advertising, display ads are usually booked by large business houses for the sake of promoting their brands and products. Such advertisements are not limited to any particular page or size and the advertiser is free to determine the desired size of the advertisement. The advertisement is then charged on the basis of the space occupied, measured on a per square centimeter basis, and therefore, greater the ad size, higher is the ad cost.
The process of booking advertisements in Kolkata newspapers through ReleaseMyAd is extremely easy :
- Selection of Advertisement Type: Select the desired advertisement type – Classified (Text or Display) or Display.
- Selection of Advertisement Category: Select the desired advertisement category – Matrimonial, Recruitment, Property, Announcement, etc.
- Selection of Newspaper and Available Discount Packages: Select the desired newspaper to advertise in and the discount package listed on the website.
- Composition and Preview of Classified Text Advertisement: Compose the advertisement matter and preview the advertisement as it is expected to appear on the newspaper upon release. Sample advertisement matters are available on the website to help advertisers compose the advertisements.
- Editing and Customisation of Classified Display Advertisement: Edit the classified advertisement for a greater appeal, by using customisation options like screen borders, ticks, colour background, bold and underline.
- Selection of Dates and Insertion Offer: Choose the desired release date/s and opt for any insertion offers available on the website (like pay for 2 dates, get one free) to maximise the impact of the advertisement through repeated advertising.
- Preview of Booking Details: Preview your booking details – ad category, ad matter, publication and package selected, dates are chosen for publication of advertisement and estimated cost of the booking – before proceeding to make the payment.
- Provision of Contact Information and Selection of Payment Mode: Provide the basic contact information (if booking as a guest) or login with the registered credentials (if already registered) and thereafter select the most convenient payment method out of the various online and offline payment modes specified on the website.
- Viewing of Invoice: Once payment is made, you can view the tax invoice for the ad booking with the Ad-ID and all other details of the ad booking printed therein.
- Follow Up with Customer Care Team: You may follow up with the customer care team in case you wish to add or modify your advertisement after making the payment. Such changes are permissible for additional charges if the ad cost increases after such modifications. Alternatively, if the desired changes happen to reduce the ad cost, the overcharged amount shall be refunded to the advertiser in the same mode in which payment was received.
Further, you can also request for a soft copy of the advertisement or a hard copy of the same (against additional courier charges) to verify the release of the booked advertisement on the specified date/s, failing which, the agency shall issue a refund for the advertisement (if missed to release) or reschedule the ad to a subsequent date, all as per the advertiser’s consent.