Mohan The Family Store, a garment retailer located in Asansol was looking to give a boost to its sales during the festive season of Christmas and New Year. It wanted an effective media plan and approached releaseMyAd to do the same on its behalf.
Target Group Marketing – It sought to boost sales by focusing all its advertisement efforts on its designated target market.
Research – releaseMyAd analyzed the problem to figure out that the best way to boost sales would be to appeal to the middle-class consumers who were not brand conscious enough to wear only the leading multinational clothing brands. This target group either did not have the sophistication or the resources to shop only from giant retail stores like Pantaloons. The best way to target this market in a cost-effective and efficient manner was to promote Mohan Family Store through the local cinemas. It ensured the core of the target market could be approached in a non-invasive manner by showing a 10-second mute slide advertisement in the movie hall located closest to the shop in the local language. The closest multiplex was Eylex and in a bid to grab the maximum eyeballs the ads were shown in all three screens of the multiplex. We decided to do the slides in Hindi and English.
But, Asansol being in West Bengal we advertised with Sanada, the most popular Bengali magazine for women. This was a full-page magazine ad with a Bengali body copy and tagline for the women of Asansol.
Media Planning – The following media plan was used.
- Location – Asansol
- Demographic – Middle-Class Consumers
- Multiplex –
- Eylex (All Screens)
- Ad duration –
- 10-second mute slide before prime time matinee screenings for 15 days.
- Full Page for magazine
- Language –
- English and Hindi fonts on the slides.
- Bengali for the magazine
Creative – The slides were created by releaseMyAd based on the direction and guidelines given by the client. There were five slides showing the location of the shop and the variety of goods (Gents Readymade Garment, Ladies Readymade Garment, Kids Wear) it offered.
Our magazine ad was beautifully designed to grab eyeballs and appeal to the aesthetics of the common man in Asansol.
The company reaped the rewards for releaseMyAd’s well thought-out action plan. Its main takeaways being:
- The campaign achieved its target by boosting sales during the holiday season.
- The ad led to increased footfalls resulting in improved sales. The store actually saw record foot traffic.
- The response was so overwhelmingly positive that the company had decided to invest in cinema advertising from now on, before every major holiday season
- Our esteemed clients reported that people from nearby areas like Durgapur and Raniganj too visited their store after seeing the magazine ad.
To clarify any general doubt you might have about booking ads over cinema, you may visit our exhaustive FAQ section. To book ads anywhere in India across any medium, you may visit releaseMyAd or you can also call 09830629298.