Sample Change of Name Templates for booking Change of Name Announcement Ads in Indian Newspapers


Wondering how to book a change of name classified announcement Advertisement in Indian newspapers? Do it Online at

Sample Classified Page

This post is a guide on how to best compose your Change of Name ad for highest response in newspapers.  Name Change Ads in Newspapers are characterized with standard abbreviations & information which helps readers respond effectively.

Sample Name change Announcement Advertisements :

I am known as Tahur Raja, Syed Tahur Raja and Syed Tahur Raja Rizvi, S/O Late Syed Abu Ali. I shall henceforth be known as Syed Tahur Raja Rizvi vide affidavit No.13372
dated 18.06.08 sworn in the Court of Judicial Magistrate, First Class, Alipore, Kolkata

You may need to produce certain documents (legal affidavit etc) while booking your Change of Name/Legal Notice Ad in any newspaper in India!

You can use abbreviated forms of certain words within your name change ad to reduce your total classified ad cost. Kindly refer to the following list of abbreviations while booking your next ad in Change of Name column. These are standard abbreviations for announcement ads appearing in Times of IndiaHindustan TimesThe HinduMalayala Manorama and other leading newspapers in India.

Below is a list of some of the more popular Change of Name templates used to book change of name newspaper ads in newspapers. You can use/customize these templates for booking Lost ads in Times of India, Hindustan Times, The Hindu, Malayala Manorama & all other regional newspapers in India!

You can choose to release your Name Change announcement advertisement ad in either Classified Text or Classified  Display Format – based on your advertisement budget :

Sample Classified Ad

Classified Text Ad :

  • Economical, Charges per line/word
  • Ad appearing in simple running text
  • Enhance with Tick, Border & Bold

More Sample Change of Name Sample Classified Ads:

Sample 1: I, Shekar Pallikondan Nandini, daughter of Shekar Rangaswamy Pallikondan, born on 16-10-1981, residing at B107, ND Gipfel Apartments, Kalena Agrahara, Bannerghatta Rd, Bangalore-560076 shall henceforth be known as Nandini Vinod

Sample 2 : I,Mani Divakaran@Suman Divakaran W/o Late.M.K. Divakaran.Have Changed My Name As M.M.Sumadhi Vide Affidavit Dt:30102010 Before Notary B.G.Sriram.

Sample 3 : I ATIYA JYOTI GOPINATH, d/O Gopinath Ravindran shall henceforth be known as ATIYA GOPINATH vide affidavit No.13372 dated 18.06.08

You may also book Sample classified display ads for greater visibility  by choosing the templates available on the website or by uploading your own design! Want to check the rates for booking name change ads in a newspaper of your choice? Do that instantly online by visiting our rates and offers page for all newspapers in India.

Refer to our Name Change and Announcement FAQ Section to get answers to all your advertising related queries.


  1. plz send me quatation for advertisement
    thans & regads
    Apple managecon (P) Ltd.
    Rajat upadhyay

  2. Hi,
    I want to post a change of name ad on vijaya karnataka(kannada paper) and Deccan herald.
    Please let me know the documents i need to produde.

  3. Hi
    I have already got my 5 year old son’s name changed in the official gazette and have the gazette copy with me. Do I need a notary official affidavit for placing an advertisement in the news paper or is the official gazette information sufficient. Please clarify.

  4. I have my mother’s name printed incorrectly in my passport. I would like take this out in a newspaper to apply for the change in passport.

    Please let me know what documents are required to book this add in a newspaper. It would be great if you can provide me a sample add for the same.

    • Hello,

      You can book an ad in any newspaper. Once the ad comes out you can take a clipping from the publicaion’s epaper version. Alternatively you can also collect it from a local newspaper vendor. For assistance call us 09830629298 or email –

    • HI,

      I am also in the process of changing the name of my son who is 5 years old and have some queries. In case you have successfully completed this process, can you help me in the queries please. My email id is


      • Thank you for your response sir, for your convenience we have a new Question and Answer Forum where you can ask your questions and receive responses from us on or try our Live Chat so that our Customer Care executive can help you out for query. For any other queries you can even call on our customer care helpline. Do let us know your query.

  5. Hi,

    Actually my brother want to change his name. I want to give ad in two leading news papers in delhi (1 english + 1 hindi). Please let me know your rates.

    Also, I want to give one more ad to change my wife name.

    What are the documents required to submit with you along with application.please let me know.

    Anil Agrawat

  6. Hi, my wife is a serving Indian Air Force employee and has changed her name after marriage. I want to see any sample advt. for name change given by any Army/Navy/Air Force employee, if u have any.

  7. Hi, i am looking for name change format of affidavit (Annexure E) and the news paper format for minor(2 yrs son). Pls help me for the same.

    Pls see the below format, if its fine…

    “I father of residing at My Son born on , Passport Number: has changed his name to “” vide . Henceforth he has to be called and known as “”

  8. Hi, I want to give Ad for the name change in 2 newpaper (one hindi and one english) plz provide sample hindi ads. That will be helpful.

  9. Hi,
    I want to post a name change ad in one local(Ghaziabad) and one national newspaper.
    I stay in Indirapuram, Ghaziabad.
    Please suggest the lowest cost newspapers for my ad. This ad would be used for Passport Application purpose.

  10. Hi,
    I want to post a name change ad in one local(TamilNadu-Karaikudi) and one national newspaper.
    I stay in US.
    Please suggest the lowest cost newspapers for my ad. This ad would be used for Name change purpose.
    Also, can the newspaper edition be sent to my USA address?

  11. Hi,
    My name is Amit Bhagwan Dhumale, but in my leaving it is mentioned Amit Bhaguram Dhumale. Now i want to give and add in newpaper for change of name. Thsi is required for Passport Application. Also a notary of change of name is been made. Kindly suggest

    • Thank you for contacting releaseMyAd! We need certain documents for Change of Name newspaper adverts, so please mail us your requirements along with your location and newspaper preference and our customer care representative will contact you and help you book the advertisement.

  12. I have to publish my name change in newspaper:
    My permanent address is: Village and Post- madhupur, District- Sonebhadra( Robertsganj)
    Uttart Pradesh- 231216
    Present Address: Bharuch, Gujarat.
    Could you please tell me how can I book an advertisement at my permanent address in English/Hindi newspaper. I m not finding the place:(

    • Thanks for contacting releaseMyAd. To place a name change advert in a newspaper, the category should be Announcements and as per company policies you need to produce an affidavit to testify your name change.
      If you want to proceed towards booking your ad, please visit the following link: or you can also choose Baroda as your preferred location. The Surat or Baroda Editions of many newspapers is circulated in and around the Bharuch area. You can review the rates of both national and regional newspapers. Simply choose from any newspaper or package and proceed to compose your advert.
      Please ensure completing the entire booking process at least 2-3 days in advance of the intended release dates. For any more clarifications related to booking newspaper ads, please email your queries to or

  13. My name is K. Sindu as per my Matriculation Certificate but inadvertantly in my Pan Card it is written as Sindhu Kumar, Voters ID K. sindhu. In my Bank Account also the h is included ie.e instead of K. Sindu it is K. Sindhu. My employers have asked me to change the name in PF account too and towards the formalities they are asking me to place a Newspaper Ad. Could you please guide me about the necessary formalities stepwise.

  14. I want to post an advertisement in one local and one national newspaper. I am staying in Mumbai

  15. Hi,
    My name on SSLC marks card is ‘Manjunath Gurupadappa Saunshi’, and in my birth certificate it is ‘Manjunath’.
    During passport appointment they kept my application on hold saying they want my full name as in SSLC on birth certificate.
    now municipalty people are not ready to provide with full name.
    So please can anyone help me which type of add i need to publish and affidavit type..

    thank you.

    • Thank you for your query. Please know that releaseMyAd is an online ad booking agency. We can only help you book ads in any newspaper across India. As per your requirement, you need to publish a Change of Name ad under the announcement section of your preferred newspaper. To enable us to help you select the newspaper, you are required to provide us with your location or you may simply tell us the name of the newspaper you want to get your ad published in.
      You can visit the announcements page to review the sample ads along with the newspapers and their editions at

      To start booking your ad you may visit us at origin-of-newspaper-advertising

Comments are closed.