Isn’t it impossible to think of a life without a newspaper? Newspapers, after all, give us news, information, opinions, explanations of various political, financial, moral, economic, cultural and educational aspects. Despite the digital revolution, the newspaper is still believed to be an effective advertising platform since it continues to be a strong message carrier.
In a state like Kerala, where education is at its peak, sustenance without a newspaper is nearly impossible. Henceforth, it is the foremost preference for placing advertisements.
However, at most times, it gets tough for the advertiser to figure out the right newspaper to advertise in. Factors like circulation base, readership figure, editions, and target audience are taken into consideration when making a decision.
releaseMyAd brings to 5 best Malayalam newspapers where you should consider advertising:
- Malayala Manorama: Malayala Manorama is a popular Malayalam language daily newspaper, owned by Malayala Manorama Company Limited. It is published from Kottayam, Kerala with a circulation base of over 2.3 million copies and has a readership of more than 20 million. Therefore, it is the largest circulated newspaper in Kerala and third largest in India as per the Audit Bureau of Circulations. Malayalam Manorama dominates the market because of its excellent content generation. Also, it publishes several other subsidiaries (monthly, weekly) covering varied topics such as health, children, men’s lifestyle, art and literature, agriculture, travel, career and so on. Hence, this newspaper is undeniably the first choice of any advertiser.
- Mathrubhumi: Mathrubhumi, a Malayalam language daily, is the second most widely read newspaper in Kerala, launched in the year 1923 by K. P. Kesava Menon. Currently, it is owned by the Mathrubhumi Printing and Publishing Company Ltd. and has an approximate circulation figure of 1, 486,810 daily. Mathrubhumi has several editions in Kerala – Alappuzha, Kozhikode, Kochi, Kannur, to name a few. Apart from this, it also has the presence in top metropolitans like Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi, and Chennai. Advertisers often prefer Mathrubhumi not just because of its popularity, but also because it offers a wide range of supplementary to advertise in, such as Arogyamasika (health), Balabhumi (children), Thozhilvartha (career), Mathrubhumi Star & Style (film, fashion & lifestyle) and many more.
- Mangalam: Owned by Mangalam Publications Private Ltd., Mangalam is a widely read daily newspaper in Kerala which was founded in 1969. It is printed from several locations, namely, Kottayam, Kochi, Kozhikode, Idukki, Kannur, Trivandrum, and Trichur. Along with the morning daily, weekly magazines like Mangalam Weekly, Arogyamangalam Kanyaka, Cinema Mangalam, and Balamangalam are published as well. Over the years, the readership count of this newspaper has significantly increased, thus, making it the second most highly circulated Malayalam daily and a desirable advertising medium.
- Kerala Kaumudi: Kerala Kaumudi is one of the largest circulated newspapers in Kerala, established in the year 1911. With headquarters in Thiruvananthapuram, it has nine local editions, namely, Kollam, Trivandrum, Alappuzha, Kottayam, Thrissur, Kochi, Kozhikode, Pathanamthitta, and Kannur, along with an international edition which is published in UAE. Besides the flagship daily newspaper, Kerala Kaumudi includes supplements like Flash (midday), Kerala Kaumudi Weekly (family magazine), Magic Slate (children magazine), and Flash Movies (film magazine). Because it is widely read by the people of Kerala, it has evolved into a preferred advertising platform.
- Deshabhimani: Deshabhimani is the fourth largest Malayalam daily newspaper, which is often said to be the organ of the State Committee of the Communist Party of India (Marxist). It was launched in the year 1942, and since inception, it has been successful in retaining its’ readers’ interest by consistently printing quality content. According to the latest survey, its circulation figure stands at 6, 25,798. Deshabhimani’s editions include Kozhikode, Trivandrum, Kochi, Kannur, Trichur, Kottayam, and Malappuram. In addition to the main newspaper, it has multiple supplements like Deshabhimani Varnthappathippu, Sthree, Kilivaathil, Thozhil and many more, which also act as advertising forums.
releaseMyAd is an INS accredited agency, working as a booking partner for several local and national newspapers of the nation. Our main aim is to simplify the process of advertising. As a result, we launched a hassle-free online portal where you could easily book ads in Malayalam newspapers in a few simple steps. We also offer additional discounts and offers to our customers.
Visit our website to know more!