Marketers have increasingly realized that the quality of a product doesn’t guarantee sales anymore. The first thing a marketer has to do is ensure that the product enters the collective consciousness of the target market before he can think of sales. In order to achieve that, a well thought out marketing campaign becomes a necessity. This is why advertising agencies are becoming increasingly popular with businesses of every size.
Delhi being the capital and one of the largest metropolises in the country had attracted the best ad agencies. Most multinational advertising agencies that have a presence in India probably have one of its branches situated in Delhi. The Indian agencies which have prospered had improved their offerings substantially from where they initially started, which they had to do if they were going to compete with the big boys of the ad world. So the competition in the advertising sector and the influx of big names had not only helped the marketers by giving them more quality choices but also improved the standard of output of all competitors. The top ad agencies in Delhi are:
- Ogilvy & Mather Ltd – The name does not need much of an introduction, widely considered as one of the best ad agencies in the world, the Delhi office had been the place which had conceptualized few of the best Indian ad campaigns of recent memory including Cadbury Dairy Milk and Vodafone.
- DDB Mudra Group – It is one of the older ad agencies working in India with offices in fifteen cities across the country and employing over thousand people. It was one of the first full service agency the country has seen providing market research, media buying, content creation, design solution and later web based solutions to marketing need. Its clients include Bharat Petroleum and Aditya Birla Group.
- JWT – It started its India operation in 1929 but it wasn’t until 1944 that it started its Delhi office which quickly became a popular destination for marketers across the country. Nokia (the recent Lumia campaign), Pepsi and UNICEF are amongst its clients.
- Dentsu Communications Private Limited – A Japanese company whose unique marketing solutions helped it to carve a niche in the global advertising world started its Indian chapter in 2003 by opening offices in Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi, Chennai and Bangalore. It is the largest ad agency in the world outside the ownership of the big four holding One of the main campaigns it orchestrated was the Congress’s 2014 Election campaign.
- Lowe Lintas – With a client list spanning 250+ clients, it is one of the most reputable agencies in India. It provides niche marketing services such as rural marketing and healthcare communication services. It recently designed the Cricket World Cup and Idea campaigns, both of which were hugely popular.
It’s important to create a separate list for Indian companies because expecting them to compete with the global agencies isn’t simply fair. They don’t have the resources, experience or the expertise that is needed to compete with the top global firms. The top Indian agencies in Delhi are:
- releaseMyAd – It is a recent addition to the sector and started its operation in 2009, but it had already carved a name for itself by providing a comprehensive list of high quality services encompassing creative services as well as media planning and buying solutions across mediums such as cinema, newspaper and radio. Its client list strikes an impressive balance between small entrepreneurs and large MNCs. It’s already the largest online booking portal in India so it has got years of experience in providing top notch marketing solutions to clients across the country for years.
- Flags Communication Private Limited – It started its business in 1999 and with the varied list of services it offered had created a name for itself.
- Infinity – It is a local ad agency which has recently become popular but unlike the other entries mentioned in the list, its client list is mainly limited to the Delhi region.